Tormek DBS-22 Drill Bit Sharpening Attachment
Stock: Out Of Stock
Product Code: 24-148
The DBS-22 Drill Bit Sharpening Attachment allows you to sharpen your drill bits from 3 mm (1/8") to 22 mm (7/8") in diameter with maximum precision and to give a four-facet point for best performance. The optimum tip and lip relief angle can be set for each drilling operation, taking into account the drill bit size and material. You can also sharpen broken bits back to the perfect shape.
Why DBS-22 Drill Bit Sharpening Attachment?
- Sharpens a four-facet point that drills more efficiently and lasts longer.
- Sharpens drill bits with outstanding precision.
- Extends drill bit service life more than four times over compared to traditional S-tip drill bits.
- Works best with Tormek T-8, as well as older models.
Four-facet point that lasts longer
The patented DBS-22 Drill Bit Sharpening Attachment is used to create a four-facet point that provides great cutting characteristics as the cross-cut of the drill bit is pointed instead of being almost flat, as on many other drill bits. A four-facet point won't wander and requires significantly less drilling pressure compared to a conventional cone point drill.
A precision-sharpened four-facet point also reduces heat build-up, giving a very long service life for the drill bit. Independent tests show that drill bits sharpened using Tormek equipment last more than four times longer than new conventional drill bits¹.
¹ Uddeholm Tooling AB, 2010. In the test, 15 mm (0.59") deep holes were drilled in a hardened steel using a 6 mm (0.24") drill bit. At a speed of 1326 rpm and 0.15 mm (0.006") feed per revolution, the drill bits sharpened using the Tormek equipment lasted for 327 holes on average, while the new S-tip drill bits lasted for 72 holes.
The risk of overheating and microcracking or loss of hardening of the steel is eliminated by working with the natural laws and cooling the edge continuously. You have full control at all times and can see how sharpening is progressing. A magnifying glass is included for smaller drill bits to help you line up the bit in the jig and see the results of your sharpening.
- What's New
- Browse By Brand
- Chucks and Accessories
- Clamps / Vices & Workholding Devices
- Clocks & Accessories
- Craft Supplies
- Cutlery Blanks
- Hand Tools & Accessories
- Hardware & Fixtures
- Machinery & Accessories
- Measuring & Marking
- Pen Parts
- Power Carving
- Protective Safety Wear
- Pyrography Woodburning
- Routing and Accessories
- Sharpening / Sanding & Grinding
- Cabinet Scrapers
- Colored Back Sanding Sheets
- Diamond Sharpeners
- Grinder Sharpening Jigs
- Grinding Wheels
- Hermes Sanding Rolls Abrasives
- Hook & Loop Back Sanding Sheets
- Japanese Waterstones
- Robert Sorby Pro-Edge Sharpening System
- Rotary Sander & Power Sanding
- Sanding Belts
- Sanding Discs
- Sanding Pads
- Sandpaper File Quick Change
- Swansdown Mops
- Tormek Sharpening Grinders & Attachments
- Veritas Sharpening Jigs
- Vermec Sanding Handle
- Vicmarc CBN Wheels & Sharpening System
- Wad Punches Titanium Coated
- Wet & Dry Paper
- Woodcut CBN Sharpening Wheels
- Scrollsaws and Accessories
- Weather Movements
- Wood Lathe Accessories
- Woodturning Tools
- Gift Vouchers
- Wood Joinery