Robert Sorby Modular Toolrest System
Most turners have problems with their lathe tool rest. The majority are either cast or made from low grade and tend to be relatively soft. As a result , when a square tool, like a parting tool, is used it can dig into the rest creating a series of notches. This in turn makes it very difficult to produce a smooth flow along the rest when trying to take an even cut.
The cross bars from the new Modular Tool Rest System are made from hardened steel, greatly reducing this problem and therefore enhancing the ease and enjoyment for the turner. This system has many design features that make it the MUST HAVE in every wood turner's workshop.
The system is as easy as 1-2-3. First choose the Stem that fits your lathe - stems are available in 1/2",5/8",3/4",1",11/8", 25mm and 30mm diameter.
Then select from the Crossbar range the one that suits your requirements. Screw them together and you have a perfect toolrest. It is the interchangability of the system that makes is so simple to use on any lathe.
Once you have the stem you can just keep on adding different Crossbars. The securing flats machined on the Stem ensure a perfect fit when screwed into the toolrest.
The Crossbars are available in three straight bar lengths of 4",6" and 9" together with a 9" 'S' bar for internal and a reverse 9" 'S' bar for external bowl turning.
Also available is a box scraper platform for easy access and extra stability into the bottom of boxes.
After selecting your toolrest bar select a post to go with it.
Showing 1 — 7 of 7
- What's New
- Books DVDs and Magazines
- Chucks and Accessories
- Clamps, Vices & Workholding Devices
- Clocks and Accessories
- Craft Supplies
- Cutlery Blanks
- Glues & Sealers
- Hand Tools & Accessories
- Hardware & Fixtures
- Machinery and Accessories
- Measuring & Marking
- Pen Parts
- Power Carving
- Protective Safety Wear
- Pyrography Woodburning
- Routing and Accessories
- Sharpening - Sanding and Grinding
- Scrollsaws and Accessories
- Weather Movements
- WoodLathe Accessories
- Woodturning Tools
- Long Hole Boring
- Robert Sorby Tools
- Robert Sorby Bead Forming Tool
- Robert Sorby Easy Beader
- Robert Sorby Hollowing Tools
- Robert Sorby Mini Tools
- Robert Sorby Modular Toolrest System
- Robert Sorby Parting Tools
- Robert Sorby Scrapers
- Robert Sorby Skew Chisels
- Robert Sorby Spare Cutters & Tips
- Robert Sorby Spindle Roughing Gouge
- Robert Sorby Spiralling & Texturing Systems
- Robert Sorby Standard & Fingernail Bowl Gouges
- Robert Sorby Standard & Fingernail Spindle Gouges
- Robert Sorby Stebcentres
- Robert Sorby Thread Cutting System
- Rolly Munro Hollowing Tools
- Starter kits
- Vermec Deep Hollowing Tools
- Vicmarc Hollowing Tool Support
- Vicmarc Woodturning Tools
- Woodcut Hollowing Tools
- Gift Vouchers